Monday, April 8, 2013

Retirement Talk: Sale Starts May 23



So when I was shopping at my favorite Vera Bradley store the other day, I asked what would be included in their famous Summer sale coming up.  This is everything they told me, so there's no way this information could be wrong, unless Vera makes a last minute decision, which they are known to do, example Doodle Daisy's retirement.

Colors Being Retired

Paisley Meets Plaid
This color barely made it a year.  I think they were hoping for Very Berry Paisley success, but this one just didn't fit the bill.

Portobello Road
I actually own a few things in this color, but with the speed they're retiring things now, it's no surprise this one is hitting the road.

Lime's Up
I love this pattern, so I'm going to take full advantage of this sale and stock up for myself and Christmas gifts.

Summer Cottage


Baroque
Just mentioning this color being retired starts a fight no matter where I go, lol.  It is very beloved, but it's time for new and exciting things.  There's speculation that this retirement could be limited, since La Neon Rose will be a limited release.


Styles Being Retired

Campus Tote
This bag has been on the retirement list the past 2 sales, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Lunch Break
There's always a lunch bag that's retired right before back to school time.  I've always wanted this style, I just can't justify this purchase, the coolers are much more useful.

Laptop Portfolio 
I've never once seen someone purchase this.  They'll probably come out with something else for the laptops this fall.

Super Smart Wristlet
Much like the hipsters, there are so many wristlets Vera offers right now, so I guess they decided they needed to retire the least successful one.

Lizzy
I know a few people in particular that will be sad by this retirement, but hey, grab it on sale. ;-) I personally, have never found much use for this bag, just a tad too small for me.

Eloise
This is a great bag, and it will be sad to see it go.

Whitney
I've look at his bag before and it does not seem functional to me one bit.  I've also never seen anyone buy this bag.

Quick Swipe ID
While it was a great idea, most people need room for more than one card.

Cosmetic Trio
We weren't sure this was going to be released in the Summer 2013 colors, so it's no surprise it won't be available for Fall.



UPDATE: So it seems, the rumors are true...Provencal is getting axed!!  Baroque will be around a little while longer.  Thanks for everyone updating me, I'm sorry I was so defensive, but I wanted to be sure to have the correct information, and my stores were telling me what they knew, which was Baroque was being retired.  They were updated over the past few days, so I have to go off of what they give me.  Thanks to you all for your support, and for continuing to read!!  Love you guys!!




15 comments:

  1. I think Provencal is retiring instead of Baroque. It was a last minute change, but they decided it before the last retirement happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ma'am. This list was sent out from corporate to the stores to prepare for the sale. Unless they change their minds later, this is the list for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can confirm the change of Provencal for Baroque; the decision was made after they'd already produced the summer line, so new items like the Pushlock Wristlet and Tumbler were made in Provencal (and will be included in the upcoming retirement). I work at a Vera store and it's another of their many after-the-fact changes. It's likely the store's rep hasn't sent them the updated list, or they missed it -- we received the news via a brief email announcement, as was the case with Doodle Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went to my store this past weekend and this is what they showed me. I guess we'll see when the sale starts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not going to miss any of those styles and the only pattern I bought was Summer Cottage last summer--a Bowler purse and 2 placemats. I do have the Cosmetic Trio in Midnight Blues--was going to be a gift but that didn't happen. Will either donate it for a fundraiser or use it for items when I pack, but not for cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CH-girl use that for yourself lol. I want to get a lot in Lime's up. I can't decide what though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Doodle Daisy is NOT retiring after all. I am glad but why does Vera do all these crazy changes???

    Thanks for the posts. Appreciate it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove the Whitney bag...hide all my receipts and coupons in the side 2 zippers, big room in the middle and slip pocket in the front for my iphone, have it in VBP and Prisiclla Pink as well as the turnlock wallets to match fit really good inside..will deff be stocking up come May 23!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When the sale on the retirement colors starts, what is the initial discount? I love Provencal. Will the Vera Bradley stores keep what they have until it sells or do they only keep current (meaning they will pull retired from the shelves). I recently discovered Vera so this will be my first Retirement sale. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla- the initial discount is 25% off. A few weeks later everything goes to 40% off, but it has been my experience that everything is picked over by then. I usually break down and buy at 25% off and tell myself, at least I got exactly what I wanted!! So the sale usually lasts a month and when the sale is over they ship everything to their closest outlet store, and then the color becomes hard to find, lol. After that the retired colors are either online, or in the outlet only.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks. My list is getting longer and longer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no. You need an outlet store. They are always at least 60% off and I just got an Emil about 75% off until May fourth outlet stores only

    ReplyDelete
  13. And they don't just have a few things they have tons of every thing and every item

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pertandingan Olahraga masih didominasi oleh sepakbola, itu sebabnya masih banyak yang bertaruh tanpa mengetahui cara prediksi skor akurat. Sehingga bukan kemenangan yang didapat justru sebaliknya. Harapan yang besar tidak dapat digapai karena kurangnya (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details, 247officedept@gmail.com. /  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Mr Benjamin put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete